Toshiko &Taeko Takashima
Born at Osaka, Japan
Learn tatting, knitting from sisters at childhood
Learn Ribbon embroidery from Shizue Sanda, French embroidery from Leonie Miura, Knitting from Yasuko Uga and Continuity lace from Kazuko Yamashita
- 1974 Published the book “Takashima Tatting”
- 1976 Performed tatting on NHK( Japan broadcast) TV program Fujin-Hyakka at Feb
Held Work Exhibition at Mitsukoshi Department store
- 1978 Got a patent for hook tatting tool called Takashima-bari and also
patent received for Hook tatting method of chain by using Takashima-bari.
- 1980 Published the book “Hook Tatting” from Vogue Nippon
- 1986 Held the Work Exhibition at Junkudo at Paris
- 1998 Attended at Ring of Tatters tatting day at England and introduced Takashima tatting
- 2008 Joined Horstmar International Tatting Exhibition in Germany
- Since 1988 hold the work exhibition at Ashiya city every each year.
- Every year joined the hobby show at Tokyo, Osaka, Nagoya
Member of Ring of Tatters, Japan Tatting Association